I have read so many top 10, top 100, top whatever that I thought, may be I should have a top something as well. I was not sure how many “tops” one should have though – 10 – 20 – 5 up/ 5 down – so I have settled on a list of cool achievements that have allowed our company to climb to the top (sorry could not resist another “top” word, might be over the t…).
Before we run through this top secret list of top of mind super top happenings, let me thank every customer that has purchased a bottle of our wines in 2009 – as they say in the airline industry, “we know you have many choices out there and we thank you for flying with us today!”. Without consumer support, our small Riesling winery could not grow and prosper. Thank you also to our distributors for carrying our wines throughout the country, our importers for representing us in our export markets, our grape growers for providing us with top quality year after year and of course our top employees (13 total!) for shaping the wine company we are today.
Alright, now to the TOP:
– Top performance: in 2009 Pacific Rim has grown 38%! Wow, not bad for 13 folks making Riesling. This is outpacing the wine category and the strong Riesling Category – Great job!
– Top three new wines this year with smashing success – Riesling Made from Organic Grapes (92 Points from Paul Gregutt!), Sparkling Riesling (SOLD OUT!), Autumnus Red (great Italian style wine from WA).
– Top Dry Riesling named best wine of the year by the Sommelier’s Challenge!
– A Tip-Top 2009 harvest with two new Rieslings in the portfolio
– Four babies born in 2009 – Top baby/employee ratio